data load ...
Winter sports; In the mountains
Also called « l’Ile au soleil » l’Alpe d’Huez, at an altitude of 1860 m at the foot of the Grandes Rousses, is most certainly one of the sunniest mountain resorts in France!
With its recognised health-giving climate, as well as its tourist attractions, it is a destination not to be missed.
With its south-facing aspect, the resort boasts a magnificent view over the Ecrins mountain range.
Many sporting and leisure activities are available close to your holiday rental at l’Alpe d’Huez :
- Palais des Sports et des Congrès (sporting and cultural activities, mostly included in the 'Carte Premium' *)
- Cycling and mountain-bike
Special prices on circuits for Odalys holidaymakers. Booking 3 weeks before on 04 76 80 34 73
- Climbing, via ferrata
- Fishing, archery, petanque
- Swimming pool, keep fit, spa
- Beach volley, beach soccer
- Golf, tennis, mini golf (Golf course ideal for beginners or advanced players, with 9 holes, a practice course, with putting green, 1 proshop, 2 bunkers and rough. A course of 27 700 m in total, all holes with a par of 3, the shortest 35 m and the longest 135 m.
- Skating rink
- Paragliding, microlighting
- Summer sledging
* 'Carte Premium': entry to the outdoor swimming pool, as well as over 30 different activities at the 'Palais des Sports et des Congrès' (covered pool, weight-lifting, aquagym, badminton, squash, step lessons, climbing, team sports, mini-golf…), to the Brandes outdoor tennis courts, football pitch, one free bucket of balls for one bucket purchased at the practice golf-course, loan of equipment at the Palais des Sports, access to the museum of Huez and of l’Oisans, 50% off classical music concerts at the church 'Notre Dame des Neiges', loan of books at the library and shuttles to the resorts. Prices : see at the resort.
Explore theIsère region, in an exceptionally sunny climate:
- The Ecrins national park
- Mineral and Alpine animals museum at Bourg d’Oisans - Le site archéologique de Brandes
- Notre-Dame des Neiges church
- Museum of Huez and of Oisans
- Ice cave situated at an altitude of 2700m
- The Pic Blanc
- Presentation of the geology of the Oisans region and of the Alpe d'Huez.
Tourist office - Maison de L’Alpe - Place Paganon - 38750 L’Alpe d’Huez
'Grand Domaine' skiing area
With a difference in level of over 2200m, the skiing area of the Alpe d'Huez offers a huge 250 km of skiing. The 133 ski slopes (43 green, 34 blue, 40 red and 16 black) wind around, between the ‘pic Blanc’, the Sarenne glacier, La Fare or the Château Noir, by means of a network of 84ski lifts (including cable cars, chairlifts, ski tows and lifts). Amongst the many descents, the Sarenne ski slope, the longest in the world, takes you all the way from the glacier to the ski resort, over a distance of 16 km
A floodlit ski slope, 950m in length, is also open twice a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
900 snow guns ensure a maximum snow-covering for 86 km of ski slopes.
21 snow-groomers, 2 snowparks.
Cross-country skiing lovers will appreciate the 50 km of slopes in the resort, a total of 15 circuits beside the lake of Besson, beyond the Maronne mountain pass or on the crest of the Signal mountain.
A special area of 21 hectares is completely given over to free-riders of all levels. You have the choice between 2 Snowparks, one for beginners and one for advanced, offering a whole series of different installations for the most extreme and spectacular types of skiing. 9 Big airs (blue, red or black), 1 half pipe, 10 bars with slides etc., 2 boarder cross , a (fee-paying) air bag, and a ‘hip’ allowing advanced snow-surfers to perform a host of tricks. For inexpert skiers, the beginners' snowpark has a series of boxes and rail-boxes which will astound you, plus a ridge and comes to an end at the foot of the ‘woops’ slope
The slalom park of le Signal, which is 950 m long, welcomes you for night-time skiing on Tuesdays and Thursdays, offering a difference in level of 250 m. You will ski as if in the middle of the day as the area is as brightly floodlit as the 'Stade de France'. All sorts of activities, sporting events and international competitions are offered.