data load ...
Winter sports; In the mountains
The resort of Valloire is situated at the foot of the Galibier mountain pass, in the southern part of the Alpes du Nord. This charming little village, centred around its baroque church, has retained all the aspects of a traditional little mountain village. It begins at an altitude of 700m, on the banks of the Arc, to climb up to the Aiguilles, at 3500m. Due to its situation between the southern and northern Alps, it offers a wonderful dry and sunny climate, excellent for the health.
- Mountain-bike for all levels, 130 km of marked-out tracks, ascent possible in the Crêt de la Brive telecabin
- Climbing school. 169 routes, 3 via ferrata
- Adventure park« forêt de l’enfer », acrobatic course in the trees
- Exercise trail
- Paragliding school
- Valloire swimming pool, including an open air, heated pool , a paddling pool and a water chute
- A skating rink of 1800 m2 open in July and August
- Tennis - 9 courts
- Mountain golf course at Verneys, 6-hole course, mini-golf with 18 holes
- Horse-riding centre and pony-club
- Beach-volley within swimming pool area
- Fitness centre, completely renovated, with new equipment
- Library and multimedia room, cinema
- The Adroit farm in the hamlet of "les Granges"
- The Galibier mountain pass, the Aiguilles d’Arves
- Visit of cow-farm. Sale of cheese, direct from producer
- 3 baroque-style monuments to visit: Notre-Dame de l’Assomption church at Valloire, Notre-Dame de Bon Secours chapel at Tigny and Saint Jacques aux Villards chapel.
- Guided tours
- Night-time bars with entertainment, discos, bowling
For your winter sports, Valloire offers you a vast skiing area, barhing in sunshine, dominated by the impressive Mont Thabor and the Aiguilles d'Arves. The ski resort of Jean-Baptiste Grange, world slalom skiing champion, combines all the elements necessary for a successful skiing holiday, offering 150km of skiing, for a “100% skiing” holiday.
Minimum altitude 1 430 m - Maximum altitude 2 600 m
Ski to your heart’s content, in the Galibier Thabor skiing area, with its 150km of downhill ski slopes, at an altitude of over 2000 m with 86 slopes (20 green, 25 blue, 30 red and 11 black) and 31 very modern ski lifts. The 400 snow guns on the resort guarantee excellent skiing conditions, from December to April. There are 3 slalom runs and 2 certified international competition slopes.
If you are new to skiing but wish to discover the sensations, tandemski are available to hire, for a fun discovery, with friends or family.
Night-time skiing is possible on certain slopes.
For Nordic skiing, just go to Valloire, the other resort, which is linked to the skiing area via a shuttle. Several circuits of differing levels are available, giving you the opportunity to discover further the surrounding mountain passes.As well as the 10kmù of cross-country skiing circuits, there are also high-altitude foorpaths and snow-shoe tracks at the summit of the 2 telecabins.
One of the main attractions of the resort is its huge Snowpark, renowned one of the best in Europe. It is a paradise for freestylers, with a half pipe, a ski cross , an expert slopestyle and a medium park. An easy park, for beginners, is also available.
Outings for off-piste skiing are organised by the ski schools.