data load ...
Holiday Park; Among nature
Argelès sur Mer, in the very southernmost part of France, in the Languedoc-Roussillon region, on the threshold of Catalonia and Spain, offers 7 km of sandy beach and 2 km of rocky coastline, a resort awarded the 'pavillon bleu' for its beaches and port. This seaside resort, 25 km south of Perpignan, in one of the sunniest regions of France, combines the sun, the sea, the mountains, Catalan traditions, gastronomy, viticulture and great quality of life, all in a naturally unspoiled setting.
Argelès sur Mer, a resort awarded the label "Kid", offers many activities to children and adults alike. At the head of 8 communes, it is able to offer great diversity in culture, leisure and sports:
- Horse-riding, hiking, bike rides, boat trips.
- Underwater diving, windsurf, sailing, canoeing, sea kayak.
- Swimming pool, tennis, fishing, mini golf, bowling
- Microlighting, paragliding
- Boat hire and boat trips
- Adventure course, theme parks, go-kart, paintball, canyoning
- Discothèque, cinéma, casino
Places to visit:
- The harbour
- La Massane
- The Château de Valmy
- Mas Larrieu nature reserve
- The church tower of Notre Dame dels Prats
- Saint Côme and Saint Damien squares
- Sorède: whip manufacture and railway museum
- Palau-del-Vidre : glass manufacture
- Circuits to discover charming villages, with their magnificent Roman chapels and age-old craftsmanship.
- Modern art museum at Céret
- Prehistory museum at Tautavel
- Cathar castles
- In the "Pyrénées Orientales" : Collioure, Le Perthus, Perpignan, Salses le Château, Villefranche de Conflent, Castelnou, Mont Louis, Prats de Mollo La Preste…
- In Catalonia: Canet en Roussillon, Le Barcarès, Port Vendres, Banyuls sur Mer…
- In Spain: Port Bou, Figueres (Dali museum), Rosas