data load ...
Holiday Park; On an island
A wild and natural beauty. In the language of precious stones, often used to describe the islands, this is the Emerald coast - the Costa Smeralda – quite naturally designating the famous sea-side resorts of Sardinia, its pleasure marinas, with its constant procession of yachts and celebrities, all this lapped by the clear, green waters of the north-east coast.
Porto Rotondo is doubtlessly one of the pearls of the Costa Smeralda (the Emerald Coast). Situated in a magnificent natural bay, this town was founded according to the desires of the Count Donà dalle Rose and is one of the best known places in Sardinia. Discover its pedestrian centre, the square of san Marco, the church of San Lorenzo, with its 200 wooden statues, its many boutiques and its magnificent pleasure marina.
Beaches: The Ira beach at the centre of Porto Rotondo. The best-known beaches in the surrounding area are: Cala di Volpe, Capriccioli, Liscia Ruja, Petra Riua, Cala Razza di Giunco and s ‘Arena, Portu di li Coggi, Cala Arena bianca.
- Olbia. : the main point of access to the island, before its capital, Cagliari.
- The island of Tavolara : a mountain of white rocks, emerging out of the sea, at an altitude of nearly 600 m.
- The island of Molara : an uninhabited island of rounded form, abounding in corners of unspoilt nature.
- The archipelago of the Maddalena: the island of the Maddalena, witnessing to a past, abounding in a succession of reigns and conquests: Phoenicians, Romans, Pisans, Genovese, house of Savoie and the island of Caprera with the famous house of Garibaldi.
- Porto Cervo : the capital of the Emerald coast, famous meeting-place of the international Jet-set and scene of the large sporting events of the summer.
- The church of Stella Maris, overlooking the sea and offering an unobstructed view of the yacht club.