data load ...
At the beach; Holiday Park
Sant Antoni de Calonge,on the Costa Brava, is situated at 1hour 50 min from the French border. This seaside resort is situated to the south of Cap de Begur (approx. 20 km), to the north of Sant Feliu de Guixols (16 km) and at 45 km from Girona.
Calonge consists of 2 urban centres: Calonge, in the hinterland, offering a rich historical past, with its medieval castle, little streets and ancient church and Sant Antoni, on the coast, with its large sandy beaches, ideal both for bathing and for all types of water sports, little creeks and a coastal path.
Just a few kilometres from Palamos and from Palafrugell, the seaside resort of Calonge Sant Antoni is not well known by tourists. It is undoubtedly, however, one of the most pleasant and dynamic resorts on the Spanish coast, near France.
For several years, Sant Antoni de Calonge, has been awarded the label « Destinal de Tourisme Familial », thanks to the many activities offered in the summer, including a children's club.
It is also an ideal destination for a quiet, peaceful family holiday
- Large sandy beaches
- Small creeks
- Coastal path
- Cycle paths on Calonge plateau and amidst the vineyards
- Chidren's club on the Mig jetty, beach of Sant Antoni : from 25th June to 30th August: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 4.30 to 6.30 pm for children aged 3 to 12 years.
- A programme, called Estiu Actiu (active summer), is put in place by the municipality: outdoor cinema on the beach, theme weekends, drawing and painting contests, sandcastle competitions, aerobic and keep fit lessons... Also hikes, guided tours and children's festivities.
- A medieval market, a wine festival and festivities of the patron saints of the town feature on the cutural and festive agenda of Calonge Sant Antoni.
- The main beach of Sant Antoni situated in the town-centre. This beach is made up of 3 dams and 2 jetties, forming a sort of swimming pool, open onto the Mediterranean.
- The beach Es Monestri, linked by a promenade (Passeig del Mar). to the beach of Sant Antoni.
- The beach of Torre Valentin, on the opposite side, going towards Barcelona,with its ancient watchtower(Torre Valentina) with access to the "chemin de ronde" , giving on to the creeks of Sant Antoni
- The medieval city of Calonge, with its church, its castle of the middle ages and its beautiful ancient houses.
- The dolmen of Puigsesforques, at Calonge
- Natural caves and megalithic tombs, in the Gavarre mountains
- Visit of the vineyards of Calonge: to be combined with the visit of wine cellars, of great oenological interest.
- Route of the ancient flour mills of Calonge.
- "Le sentier de la ronde"(footpaths along the coast)(2h30)
- Historical centre of Calonge.
- Close by, Girona with its Jewish quarter and its famous cathedral.
- Barcelona at 120 km
Tourist office :
Pl. Major, 2
17251 Calonge (Baix Empordà)