data load ...
Holiday Park; Winter sports; In the mountains
Flaine is a pedestrian resort in theHaute Savoie region of the French Alps, situated between Geneva and the Mont Blanc, on 3 different levels (Flaine Forêt,Flaine Forum andFlaine Front de Neige) linked by outdoor lifts and footpaths.Flaine is a resort with a modern, tasteful style of architecture, which blends perfectly into the natural surroundings. It offers an astonishing cultural heritage, for in the streets of the resort, you come across works by Picasso, Vasarely or Dubuffet. And many of the buildings it contains are classified as historical monuments. This resort in theHaute Savoie region is particularly functional, offering a wealth of activities for all the family , in a peaceful and verdant setting in the Alps.
Flaine is a resort in theHaute Savoie region of the French Alps, which offers a wealth of sporting and leisure activities:
- Paragliding (solo or 2-place), helicopter flights
- Climbing (artificial wall)
- Bowling, cinema
- Cultural centre (bilingual library and modern art exhibitions)
- The academy of classical music of Flaine welcomes you throughout the summer for concerts, lessons and recitals at Flaine’s auditorium
Summer at « Flaine Forum », free activities in the resort in July and August :
- Archery, mini-golf, badminton, beach-volley, basket-ball, table tennis
- Fitness activities: jogging, stretching, workouts, aerobics...
- Tennis : 2 artificial-grass tennis courts in an exceptional setting
- Inflatable castles : 2 structures, one for ages 3/6 years, the other for ages 7/12 years « indoor and outdoor »
- Petanque : petanque ground at an altitude of 2500m
But also : tasting sessions, sporting championships, games, pre-dinner drinks...
Information and free loan of equipment (with a deposit) : Tourist Office – Flaine Forrum
- email@example.com - flaine.com
All the natural and cultural heritage of theHaute Savoie region are open to you:
- The "Grandes Platières" with its magnificent views of the three mounts of the "Mont-Blanc", the "Chaînes des Fiz" the "Aiguille du Midi"
- The "Désert de Platé", with its moon-like landscape
- The contemporary architecture of Flaine, classified a historical monument and its works of art (Picasso, Dubuffet…)
- The lake of Flaine
- The cultural centre of Flaine with its exhibition of modern art
- Geneva, Switzerland
- The Mont Blanc
- Chamonix, Saint Gervais, Megève
Flaine’s golf course, at close proximity to the residence: 18-hole golf course (a course of over 4km-4026 m- with a par of 63). At an altitude of 1900m, this in one of the highest golf courses in the whole of Europe, with a breath-taking view of the surrounding mountain ranges. A fun course, with ups and downs, a round of about 4 ½ hours, of varying difficulty. Putting green, practice courses, testing ground, club-house, restaurant. A course accessible to all licence-holders, with no requirement of handicap.
Information and free equipment-hire (with deposit) : Tourist Office – Flaine Forrum - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum altitude : 1600 m
- Maximum altitude : 2500 m
The ski resort of Flaine, in the Haute Savoie, between Geneva and the Mont Blanc, nestles at the heart of the 5th biggest skiing area in France.
It is the Grand Massif skiing area : 265 km of ski slopes, 5 ski resorts, linked together : Flaine, Les Carroz, Morillon, Samoëns, Sixt.
The skiing area boasts modern and highly functional equipment. Its high altitude and geographical situation ensure an exceptional snow covering. It caters for all levels: from initiation into skiing on the blue slope of the "Cascades" to off-piste skiing in the "Combe de Gers", a great variety of skiing is possible in this sumptuous setting.
Highest point of the skiing area : 2 500 m. 69 ski lifts, 144 slopes
(14 black, 47 red, 67 blue, 16 green) (Flaine : 64 slopes - 5 black, 22 rred,
30 blue, 7 green)
There are 3 Jamparks set up in the skiing area of the Grand Massif for the greater pleasure of freestylers of all ages and all levels.
Cross country skiing : the Pierre Carrée mountain pass (1844 m) offers the highest altitude and most snowy Nordic skiing area in the Alps. 5 km of marked out tracks for skating and classic Nordic skiing.
Agy, at a distance of 30 minutes from Flaine, offers a further 33.5 km of slopes .