data load ...
Royan is a pleasant little seaside resort in the Charente Maritimes region, an ideal destination for your holiday in the Poitou Charente, on the Atlantic coast. The sunny beaches of Royan, with their fine, golden sand, are perfect for a family seaside holiday.
Attractions of the resort
- Beach of Pontaillac (300m): beach with lifeguard in July and August, beach club
- Daily activities in the summer
- Water sports (water sports centre at 2000m) : wind surf, sand yacht, kite surf, jet ski, sailing, diving, surfing
- Golf, horse-riding, tennis, karting, mini golf, swimming pool, adventure park, pelote basque
- Casino, race track, disco, cinema
- Thalassotherapy, thermal baths
Places to visit:
- Royan, with its astonishing architecture, museum, church, indoor market, marina, fishing port etc.
- The Cordouan lighthouse, the most ancient and most beautiful lighthouse in France
- The villages of La Palmyre, Saint Palais sur Mer, Meschers and its cliffs, Talmont sur Gironde and Saint Georges de Didonne
- The nature centre at Vitrezay and the Park of the estuary
- The oyster city at Marennes
- The Gallo-Roman city of Fâ at Barzan
- Saintes, La Rochelle and Rochefort
- The islands of Ré, Oléron, Aix and Madame
- Fort Boyard et Fort Lupin