data load ...
Holiday Park; Near water
Aureilhan is a small village in the Landes region on the very edge of a magnificent lake, just a few minutes from the sea-side resort of Mimizan with its fine, sandy beaches. Aureilhan offers its visitors a holiday far from the hustle and bustle, in a countrified setting, where nature rules over all and where the flora and fauna benefit from the exceptional climate of the Aquitaine region. During your holiday in Aureilhan, delight in the beauty of the Atlantic Coast, between pine forests and sand dunes, between ponds and lakes, in a festive region, offering a warm and friendly atmosphere, favoring heritage and tradition, with a back-drop of the ocean with its never-ending ebb and flow.
Aureilhan, taking advantage of its splendid lake, of its pine-forests and of the ocean, which is only a few minutes away, offers many and varied activities for all the family :
- Water sports on the lake : bathing, fishing, pedal boats, canoeing, sailing, wind-surfing, boat trips
- Cycling (many cycle tracks), hiking
- Beaches of the Atlantic Ocean at 10 km (Mimizan)
Aureilhan is an excellent departure point for exploring the heritage of the Landes region and the unspoiled nature of Aquitaine :
- At Aureilhan : the 12th century church, the miraculous fountain of Sainte Ruffine, the "bergerie"(sheep barn), the landing stage, the Flowered trail
- Mimizan, its fine, sandy beaches, its activities and animations (10 km). Remains from the Middle Ages and history museum.
- Saint Paul en Born, flowered village
- The picturesque village of Pontenx les Forges
- The Bourg le Vieux lake
- Biscarosse, Dax, Bayonne
- The “Bassin d'Arcachon"
- The Dune of Pilat
- The Landes forest