data load ...
At the beach
Empuriabrava, on the Costa Brava, 40 km from the French border, has become a large tourist resort, one of the largest Marinas in the world, with its magnificent residences, its port, its many shops, bars and restaurants. The town is particularly original, as it has developed around the large network of canals open to navigation.
The resort is composed of three main parts: the dwellings built around the lake, the pleasure marina and the sea front running along its large, sandy beach.
Empuriabrava, thanks to its 30 kms of canals open to navigation is the largest Marina in Europe.
- Sea outings. It is possible to visit the canals, to which Empuriabrava owes its nickname "Little Venice", by boat.
- Water sport activities : sailing, wind-surfing, water-skiing, sea scooter
- Golf, tennis, parachute
- Horse-riding centre "Hipica Pot" at Sant Pere de Pescador
- Evening outings (an ideal resort for having a good time!): discos, bars, restaurants
- The Castello de Empuries: Old town, which the counts of Empuries decided to make the capital of the county in the 11th century (don’t miss the Santa María cathedral, the convent of Sant Domenec and the convent of Santa Clara)
-The « Els Aiguamolls de l’Emporda» nature park: it covers more than 4 000 hectares and is home to a great number of animal species (more especially of birds) and plants (numerous cycle routes)
- The town of Rosas (at 7 km from the camp-site): shops, harbour, strolls along the sea-front, its pedestrian streets which are a hive of activity in the evening, a large indoor market, and an important weekly market, its citadel
- Figueras and the Dali museum
- Cadaqués, charming fishing port, an attraction for artists for a long time, well known world-wide for its galleries and museums
- The monastery of San Peres de Roda
- The ruins of Empuries: Greco-Roman city, dating back to the 6th century B.C.