data load ...
Near water; In the City
Nîmes, with its Roman and Spanish influences, near the Camargue and the Cevennes, at the same time part of the Languedoc and of Provence, is a city of many accents. For over 2000 years, it has been shaped by the sun and wind of the south of France and subject to many different influences.
Nîmes is a lively town offering many sporting and leisure activities:
- Swimming pools and water parks
- Race track
- Disco, cinema, bowling, restaurants, bars...
- The old town of Nîmes, with its amphitheatre, Roman cathedral, private hotels...
- The Maison Carrée (Roman temple)
- The Tour Magne, in the 'Fontaine' garden, with magnificent view of Nîmes and its region
- The Carré d’Art (modern art museum)
- Other museums (archaeology, natural history, art, history of the old town)
- The beaches, Aigues Mortes, les Salins du Midi (salt marshes), Les Saintes Maries de la Mer
- The Pont du Gard
- Uzès, town of art, with its medieval garden
- The Cévennes, the Camargue
- The garrigues, the Costières plain, the Junas quarries, the oppidum of Nages
- The golf courses of Vacquerolles and Nîmes Campagne
6, rue Auguste - 30000 Nîmes . www.ot-nimes.fr
Comité Départemental du Tourisme du Gard 3 rue Cité Foulc - BP 59 - 30007 Nîmes cedex 4. www.tourismegard.com