data load ...
In the City
Nîmes, with its Roman and Spanish influences, near the Camargue and the Cevennes, at the same time part of the Languedoc and of Provence, is a city of many accents. For over 2000 years, it has been shaped by the sun and wind of the south of France and subject to many different influences.
Nîmes is a lively town offering many sporting and leisure activities:
- Swimming pools and water parks
- Race track
- Disco, cinema, bowling, restaurants, bars...
- The old town of Nîmes, with its amphitheatre, Roman cathedral, private hotels...
- The Maison Carrée (Roman temple)
- The Tour Magne, in the 'Fontaine' garden, with magnificent view of Nîmes and its region
- The Carré d’Art (modern art museum)
- Other museums (archaeology, natural history, art, history of the old town)
- The beaches, Aigues Mortes, les Salins du Midi (salt marshes), Les Saintes Maries de la Mer
- The Pont du Gard
- Uzès, town of art, with its medieval garden
- The Cévennes, the Camargue
- The garrigues, the Costières plain, the Junas quarries, the oppidum of Nages
- The golf courses of Vacquerolles and Nîmes Campagne
6, rue Auguste - 30000 Nîmes . www.ot-nimes.fr
Comité Départemental du Tourisme du Gard 3 rue Cité Foulc - BP 59 - 30007 Nîmes cedex 4. www.tourismegard.com