data load ...
On an island
South of the Island of Ré, opposite the town of Rochefort sur Mer, the <strong>Island of Oléron</strong>, is the biggest French Island on the <strong>Atlantic coast</strong>.
It has numerous advantages to offer: its sunny climate, its beaches, forests and marshes with their exceptional flora and fauna and its many leisure installations. A little corner of paradise to be explored on foot, by bike or on horse back, with a halt in one of the charming little fishing villages to savour the famous oysters or other sea food for which the region is reputed.
The island of Oléron, with its pleasant, sunny climate, lends itself to long walks along the beach, in the forest or countryside, as well as discovery of the region by canoe or boat.
Many activities are available in the resort itself or near by:
- Boating excursions
- Golf course
- Bike rides (cycle tracks in the surrounding area: Saint Denis d’Oléron, Saint Georges d’Oléron, la Cotinière…)
- Horse riding
- Water sports: surfing, sailing, wind-surfing etc.
- Casino at Royan (40km), disco (12km and 15km), cinema at Saint Pierre d'Oléron (15km), Bowling at Dolus d'Oléron
- The island of Oléron offers a rich and interesting history, as well as beautiful, natural landscapes, which have inspired many a poet, such as Pierre Loti or Aggripa d'Aubigné
Some of the sites to be visited in the surrounding area:
- The Château d’Oléron
- The museum of the island of Oléron at Saint Pierre
- The Grands Ponteaux bird reserve
- Aliénor d’Aquitaine museum
- The Fort des Saumonards
- La Cotinière chapel
- Fort Boyard, Brouage
- The windmill of Brée les bains
Saint Trojan beaches:
- The Small Beach: sheltered sandy beach on the east side, an ideal beach for children.
- The Large Beach: on the west side, opposite the Atlantic, stretching over a length of 3 km, beyond the forest and the dunes, it isi one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe (nudist zone in the south part of this beach
- The beach of Gatseau: on the edge of the forest, giving onto a splendid bay, it is one of the few beaches on the Atlantic coast that is fully south facing..
Carrefour du Port
17370 Saint Trojan les Bains