data load ...
Near water; Winter sports; In the mountains
Les Carroz d’Arâches an authentic village resort at the heart of the Alps, between Chamonix and Geneva, at an altitude of 1140 m is situated on a particularly sunny plateau above the Arve valley.
The subtle balance between tradition and modernity is what gives les Carroz its special identity.
While the resort has gradually, one season after another, acquired modern, perfected equipment, the village has remained true to its identity, preserving a traditional architecture and way of life, a certain authenticity in its gastronomy and setting.
Its warm and friendly atmosphere make it the ideal destination for recharging your batteries.
- Outdoor leisure centre offering : swimming pool (3 pools, one with water chutes) and huge lawns, with a backdrop of the mountains, skate park, mountain bike circuit and sports' room.
- Hang gliding and paragliding
- 2 schools of free flying :" Parapente planète" and " Air Passion"
- Horse-riding centre
- Pony rides
- Climbing / hiking / rafting / hydrospeed / canoeing / hair boat
- Caving / canyoning with "Terre aventure" or the "Bureau des guides"
- Mountaineering with the " Bureau des guides", "Maison de la montagne" or "Montagne activités"
- Carroz Sport mountain bike school
- Via ferrata - with the "Bureau des guides" or "Montagne activités"
- Swimming pool in the village
- The heritage of Carroz d’Arâches : chapel, oratories, farms, Alpine chalets, communal oven
- The Chapel of Ballancy
- Donkey outings
- The Airon lake
- The Flaine lake
- The Arves valley
- The Merlet animal park at les Houches
Minimum altitude 1140 m - Maximum altitude 2500 m
5 linked resorts: Les Carroz, Flaine, Morillon, Samoëns and Sixt Fer à Cheval
146 slopes on 265 km:
18 green, 66 blue, 48 red, 14 black
68 ski lifts
Night skiing slope
Nordic Centre of Agy 11 km away (30 km of slopes and snowshoe trails)
Col de Pierre Carré 12 km away (17 km of slopes and snowshoe trails)
Pure nature, wide open spaces and good snow quality are the hallmarks of Les Carroz, with its 146 slopes for both beginners and advanced skiers as well as for telemark fans.
The resort will delight the snowshoeing fans. By means of the shuttles can be reached the Nordic Center of Agy or the Col de Pierre Carrée in Flaine, where you can take several paths in order to discover the sumptuous panoramas.
In high season, the resort also offers two night skiing per week, 2 snow parks, 68 ski lifts and a new 6-seater chairlift Les Moliets. The multiplicity of these facilities allows a "high flow" and quick access to the slopes.