data load ...
Saint Sorlin d’Arves , with its « village spirit » all the year round keeps an air of authenticity and guards preciously its rich cultural heritage. At the foot of the Croix de Fer mountain-pass in the Alps, Saint Sorlin d’Arves offers a whole range of different views, and a variety of activities and entertainment for a dynamic summer holiday.
- The circuit of the 5 big Alpine mountain passes (La Croix de Fer, le Glandon, le Télégraphe, le Galibier, le Lautaret)
- The circuit of the 3 dams (Grand-Maison, Verney, Chambon )
- The Baroque trails
- Discovery of the cheese manufacturer of the Arves valley (Beaufort producer)
- The museum of Saint Sorlin D’Arves (find out in advance which are opening days)
- Initiation into paragliding in biplane or microlight
- Quad bike outings
- Donkey rides
- Bureau de la Montagne (guides and monitors)
- Acrobatic forest park "Acro’Jump"
During your <strong>holiday at Saint Sorlin d’Arves</strong>, make the most of the pleasant, sunny climate of the resort to explore the rich heritage of the surrounding area:
- The Pic de l’Etendard
- The Aiguilles d’Arves
- The Aiguilles de l’Argentière
- Nant Bramant waterfall
- Museum of daily life in the past
- Baroque church of St Saturnin
- The cheese manufacture of Arves (Beaufort), visit every morning (except Sunday) from 9.00 to 11.30 am
- Donkey-rearing centre
- St Sorlin’s water sports centre
- The 3 Lakes (Guichards, Potron and Laitelet)
- Lakes of the Croix de Fer mountain pass
- Excursion to Turin
The ski area
Saint Sorlin d’Arves - Savoie - Altitude 1600 m - 2620 m - Pic de l’Etendard 3464 m
To kick off your week’s skiing, you can start with the 120 km of the resort’s skiing area. There are 34 slopes ( 8 green, 13 blue, 9 red and 4 black) directly accessible, thanks to the 18 ski lifts. For those thirsting for yet more space and yet further skiing, ski right to the ‘ Super Domaine de Sybelles’ which is linked to the six nearby resorts. Here, 310 km of ski slopes await you, a total of 108 slopes (21 green, 44 blue, 37 red and 5 black), served by a network of 83 ski lifts. Whether a fan of traditional Alpine skiing, telemark, monoski, snowblade or skwal, hours of descent are in store!
Along the ‘Croix de fer’ mountain pass, cross country skiers will be absolutely delighted to find all the pleasures of Nordic skiing in the form of three circuits, at a high altitude, along with the assurance iof magnificent views. There is also the possibility of cross country skiing at theCorbier skiing area (1 loop) and at la Touissure (1 loop).
Opposite the Ouillon mountain range, the highest Alpine pasture in Europe, you can also enjoy all the joys of snowboarding in the snowpark of the Sybelles, with a Boarder Cross, and a freestyle zone divided into blue, red and black zones, with hips, boxes , table tops, Walls, pyramids and even big airs.
Saint Sorlin skiing area:
- 34 slopes over a total of 120 km : 8 green, 13 blue, 9 red, 4 black
- 7 ski tows, 9 chairlifts, 2 magic carpets
- Snowpark and easy park at L’Ouillon
- New feature: Arva Park
The "Super Domaine Des Sybelles" skiing area links directly Le Corbier, Les Bottières, La Toussuire, Saint Colomban des Villards, Saint Jean d’Arves and Saint Sorlin d’Arves, via the Ouillon mountain range. New ski lifts have been introduced (7 in all), as well as red and blue slopes, allowing access to all levels of skiers. The skiing area now consists of 310 km of slopes, making it the 4th biggest skiing area in the French Alps.
2 free circuits for hiking or snow-shoeing.
Cross-country circuits to be accessed by fee-paying chairlift.
Sledging run for children.