data load ...
At the beach
Balaruc-les-bains, in the Hérault region, is the second biggest spa resort in France, renowned for the curative properties of its waters and specialised in the treatment of rheumatism. It boasts moreover an exceptional micro-climate, an air rich in iodine, oxygen and ozone.
It is an elegant town, rich in historical heritage and diverse natural sites, situated on a peninsula jutting out into the “ étang de Thau” and surrounded by a pine-forests, 7 km from the town of Sète and 10 kms from the beaches of Sète and Frontignan. Its fine, sandy beach and shallow water make it an ideal family resort, offering moreover a host of water sports and activities.
Above all a spa centre, Balaruc les Bains offers many well-being, sport and leisure activities:
- Thermal baths (specialised in the treatment of rheumatism)
- "O'balia", a vast area dedicated to corporal treatments
- Water sports: sailing, windsurf, sea kayak, boat trips, diving (with trained monitors, allowing discovery of water sports for young children)
- Keep fit
- Tennis, petanque, skate-board
- Typical regional markets and craft markets
- Sète, Montpellier, Pézenas, Bouzigues, Saint Guilhem le Désert, Mèze, le Canal du Midi
- The Languedoc hinterland
- The circuit around the Thau peninsula
- The cathedral
- Valmagne abbey
- The "Massif de la Gardiole"
Tourist office of Balaruc les Bains- Maison du Thermalisme Pavillon Sévigné
Web site : http://www.balaruc-les-bains.com