data load ...
Wellness; Holiday Park; Among nature
In the vicinity of Le Bois aux Daims you have a rich choice of extra activities.
- Futuroscope offers exciting stories in giant format, thrill-rides, interactive routes, outdoor activities and nightly shows. (Distance: 1:10 h)
- In the Abbey of Fontevraud you will find a digital project, with many touchscreen tablets, which are used as a source of information in many parts of the trail. (Distance: 00:15 h)
- Craftsmen pleasantly shown you the secrets of their craft: the tanner of Lavausseau, the cutler/blacksmith of Vicq-sur-Gartempe, or the umbrella maker in Poitiers.
- Taste the Broye du Poitou (butter cake), chocolate beans Chocolaterie du Bellay, just a few minutes from le Bois aux Daims, the nut oil from Neuville, or craft beer from Bell Fois.
- Every summer a known operetta festival is held in the Gallo-Roman town of Sanxay. In addition, there are organized free concerts throughout the summer across Vienne during the festival "Les Heures Vagabondes". The festival "Jazzellerault" is an unmissable meeting place for jazz lovers.
- Medieval folklore can be seen at the medieval festivals "Nouaillé-Maupertuis" and "Château-Larcher." You can enjoy light and animation shows around the French heritage during the "Nuits Romanes" all summer.
- Very interesting places are: Poitiers, the town of Joan of Arc, with great historical and cultural pedestrian streets, Romanesque churches and half-timbered gables; the village of Saint-Savin with the Abbey Church (the "Romanesque Sistine Chapel"), the "Roc-aux-Sorciers" (Wizard Rock) and the "Cité de l'Ecrit" (City of the Scripture); the city of Chatellerault, with an authentic Italian theater; the village of Ternay with a flamboyant Gothic castle and special truffle grounds.
- Head out into nature on land or on water: the trails near Bois aux Daims are suitable for the whole family. For longer walks in Vienne 40 marked trails are waiting and 2 long hikes (GR) to be discovered. Cycling enthusiasts can choose from 12 different routes. There are plenty of horse centers to make nice discovery tours through meadows and forests. Take a special canoe trip on one of the four rivers.
- The exceptional nature of "le Pinail" in Vouneuil-sur-Vienne is home to over 35 species of nesting birds, and no less than 48 species of dragonflies! In the Parc de la Belle Magné there is a 10 acre park, where more than 20,000 plants bloom along winding lanes under ancient trees. Stroll and enjoy.
- Thanks to a cable ski course water skiing accessible to everyone, for all ages in Moncontour. Water skiing on a closed stretch of water without waves or boats.
- Golf lovers: a few minutes from the Bois aux Daims there is the golf course Golf de Loudun-Fontevraud, an 18-hole course of 6181 meters, par 72 and a Pitch & Putt.
- The winemakers of the region welcome you to share their passion with you and to tantalize your taste buds! There are plenty of different vineyards, wine cellars in ancient troglodyte caves such as the domain-Bois Mignon Saix, parks with respect for the environment as Ampelidae in Marigny-Brizay, or family vineyards such as Domaine Villemont in Mirebeau.
- Also very special animals you can observe. In the "Vallée des singes" you can see gorillas, chimpanzees and squirrel monkeys. The "Planète des Crocodiles" introduces you to the rare white alligator and the spectacled caiman. Winged creatures can be seen in "Giants du Ciel", where eagles, macaws, storks and vultures perform a spectacular show at altitude over the medieval town of Chauvigny.