data load ...
Holiday Park; Among nature
The beautiful National Park "De Sallandse Heuvelrug" is situated between the village of Holten and the town of Rijssen is. From your accommodation you bike or walk straight into the rolling heathland and vast forests. This landscape with hills and large stones was formed in the Ice Age. The main hills are the Hellendoornseberg, the Haarlerberg, the Holterberg and the Koningsbelt. The nature is very diverse and unusual species are living there, such as the almost extinct grouse on the Salland Heuvelrug. During walking and cycling trips you can spot them. You can cycle and walk without meeting anyone. The one and only companion is the wind rustling through the trees.
The cozy village of Rijssen has many fine shops and commended restaurants. The people have a Christian background and holds Sunday rest alive. On the fertile farmlands around Rijssen there are many original farmhouses, which give a good idea of how it used to be. On Monday morning there is a large, lively cloth market. Nearby you can biking, canoeing, horseback riding or riding by a horse-drawn carriage or wagon through nature.
- Swimming pool "the Koerbelt"
- Golf course "de Koepl" (Wierden)
- The museum of Rijssen in Castle "De Oosterhof" with an overview of the history of Rijssen
- International Firefighting Museum
- Cruise with Salonboat EMS "Reggestroom"
- Canoeing on the Regge
- Whisper Boat (electric) renting on the Regge
- Bowling on the nearby holiday park "Mölke"
The tourist village of Holten is known for its small shops, markets, fairs and many activities for young and old during high season. You will find there:
- Swimming pool "Twenhaarsveld"
- Panoramic view of the nature of Holterberg
- Canadian War Cemetery Holten, a piece of Canadian territory, where many soldiers who liberated Netherlands lie buried.
Cycling and walking through the beautiful nature of Twente and Salland starts at the Buitenplaats; the start and finish of cycling routes from 10 to 75 km. Special offers if you rent a bungalow:
- During the week of July 3 until July 6. You can join the Mölke Wandel4daagse for free. Every day we start walking from 9:00 to 10:00 am, and there is a new trail available of about 15 km. En route you can visit numerous attractions.
- In the week from August 28 until August 31. You can join the Mölke Fiets4daagse for free. Every day start biking tours between 10:00 to 12:00 am, and there is a new cycle route available of 35-40 km. En route you can visit numerous attractions.