data load ...
At the beach; Among nature
De Haan-Centre is less than 2 km from the park and takes in a special place the hearts of many vacationers. Here you can find the true holiday atmosphere with its picturesque villa districts in the well known Belle Époque style, a nice promenade and the vast green .... Real high-rise's missing here, which gives De Haan a distinctive character.
Would you look back in time? Then you should definitely walk through the "Concession" in De Haan Centre. Almost all the buildings date from the Belle Epoque period.
De Haan is for adults and children the true holiday paradise by the sea! De Haan prides itself to have the finest promenade on the Belgian coast. Add to that the beach (no breakwater!), the dunes and woods, and you have all the ingredients for a perfect holiday. In Wenduine, part of De Haan, you can find the Spioenkop, a little cottage, which serves as a lookout on a high dune. There you have a beautiful panorama of woods, dunes and sea. In Klemskerke and Vlissegem, two other parishes of De Haan, wide horizons, typical polder skies and a picturesque village centre will welcome you. Stroll along the polder farmsteads, sniff the delicious country air ... enjoy a reviving holiday!
And what tastes better after a long walk than a fish menu or other specialties? De Haan has excellent restaurants for a culinary trip.
De Haan is particularly beneficial for making day trips.
- The medieval Bruges with the Minnewater, coach- and boat trips, lots of museums, Straffe Hendrik brewery (Strong Henry) ...
- The historic Damme at 28 km: also accessible from Bruges by boat.
- The amusement parks such as Boudewijn Park (Dolphins), Bellewaerde and Plopsaland will most certainly appeal to the young.
- Blankenberge has the Sea-Life Center and the pier.
- Jabbeke is known thanks to the Permeke museum and in Gistel there is the Abbey of Ten Putte.
- In Zeebrugge there is 'Seafront', where one can discover the secrets of the sea.
- A visit to the worldly Knokke with neighboring Zwin.
- In Ostend the ship Mercator is a real attraction and for those who wish to go for shopping Kapelstraat is a well known address. War memorials you can find on the grounds of Prince Charles near the airport. In addition, the Fort Napoleon and the Ensor museum are also worth a visit. Via the port of Ostend is even the possibility to make a trip to London.