data load ...
Among nature; Near water
Near Domein Hengelhoef:
- The subtropical swimming pool does not belong to the domain and access to the pool is not included in the price. However it is within walking distance. FromJuly 1 to August 31, you can enjoy the outdoor pool of the park, and for free!
- Karting Genk is the largest outdoor karting circuit in Europe and belongs to the top in the world. Are your a kart-owner, occasional visitor or a business guest, Karting Genk has everything to catch anyone professionally.
- With the bicycle route map you will discover the purple heather, golden sands and forests; you ride through authentic Meuse villages or bike for kilometers along the Meuse. Or go to Haspengouw with its rolling hills, parishes and flower carpets. Variety is all around!
- Additionally, as a hiker you can extensive experience the unique natural beauty of woods, heath, dunes and marshes, and this with the help of various walking maps. Terhaagdoornheide is a unique natural area of 650 hectares adjacent to the Hengelhoef Domain. In this reserve you can spend hours and hours and get a healthy dose of energy in an unspoiled natural beauty. Even more space offers the Hoge Kempen National Park: 5,700 ha of pure nature for days hiking pleasure on paved and unpaved paths. Along the Blotevoetenpad (bare feet path in Zutendaal) you can walk 2 km without shoes or socks. Your feet are stimulated by wood, stone, tree chips, water, grass, clay ... That experience should you really try!
A bit further from Hengelhoef:
- Maastricht is situated less than 30 km on the river Meuse. The capital of Dutch Limburg has a very rich history and attracts many visitors with its cozy shops, charming streets and squares, vibrant restaurants and many monuments. The outlet shopping center Maasmechelen Village is a doorstep. Here you can make shopping in luxury boutiques at favorable prices throughout the year.
- Follow the footsteps of the Romans in Tongeren and get there along the Gallo-Roman Museum and the statue of Ambiorix.
- In Hasselt there is something for everyone. Visit the Fashion Museum and the largest Japanese garden in Europe. The free buses take you along the charming market and shopping center or to the Ethias Arena. Make sure that you will taste real Hasselt cookies. Also lets you immerse in the world of Belgian Gin and discover the intriguing story behind this spicy drink. In the National Gin Museum, housed in an authentic distillery, you can closely study the production and experience by testing whether Hasselt Gin is really so irresistible as they say.
- Rain or shine, Plopsa Indoor Hasselt is the dream destination for a memorable trip. The indoor park, packed with stunning attractions around the popular Studio100-figures, a whopping 10,800 square meters in size and good for hours of fun.
- In the Bokrijk Open Air Museum multimedia, craftsmen, animals, musicians and actors bring the past to life. For the youngsters, there is the largest outdoor playground in the country, with its slide complex and wires circus. Daredevils come fully into their own in the Bokrijk Adventure Park.