data load ...
At the beach; Near water
The territory of Isigny-Grandcamp is part of one of the most important achievements of the Second World War. More than 155,000 people, soldiers and allied parachutists landed on the Normandy coast on the morning of 6 June 1944. D-Day, leaving deep memories with the local population.
Maisy Battery: Forgotten for the past 60 years, the German battery was part of the Atlantikwall. Visit 1.5 kilometers of trenches, tunnels, six 155 mm artillery platforms and other underground structures.
Pointe du Hoc - Ranger Monument: Part of the Atlantic Wall, this important structure overlooks the sea at 30 meters. The visitor center is open 09: 00-06: 00 (17:00 in low season): film screening and guided tours.
• The castle of the bishops of Neuilly-la-Foret; Isigny-sur-Mer City Hall is the former castle of the Bricqueville family.
• The Bayeux tapestry: historical documents and iconographic masterpiece of the Middle Ages (XI century).
• Castle of Balleroy, masterpiece of Louis XIII style, with its balloon museum
• Castle of Falaise
• The Landing Beaches - Omaha Beach
• invasion beaches Museums
• Festiland Theme Park
• The Cider Route and the Pays d'Auge
• Port and the beach 50 meters
• All kinds of shops
Sports and recreation:
Water sports: kayaking, diving, sailing, sand yachting, kite surfing, sea fishing, sailing school, caravel boat trips
Other sports: golf, air sports, climbing, horseback riding, kart track, bike rides, summer sledging, bungee jumping, tennis
Children's activities: amusement park, laser games, paintball, water parks, adventure park, minigolf, skatepark, playgrounds
Family outings: zoo, bowling, visiting factories, visiting oyster farm, boulodrome
Hiking: mossell trail, gourmet specialties, marshes, Omaha Beach trail
Cycling: Bayeux / Isigny, around Omaha Beach on mountain bikes, bike rental
Horse riding trail, "William the Conqueror route"